Buds

It's no secret that I am in love with our cherry blossom tree in our front yard.  I can see if from my bedroom window and it feels like I'm living in a treehouse.  All summer long I get to watch birds nest in it, and I get a beautiful view of GREEN (my favorite color).  In the fall, the leaves turn a pretty yellow color, and in the winter, the snow and I hangs on the branches in such a beautiful way.  But.  The spring.  Oh, the spring.  My pretty tree explodes with pink cherry blossoms that are so beautiful, I can't stand it!  Each year it is colder and colder, my tree remains bare longer and longer.  We are up to more than 6 months of bare branches these days, but that has only made me love my tree even more because I appreciate that time when I can see more than just gray/brown.

It's coming.

And the anticipation is killing me!

This was just a few days ago:


And this was yesterday!





I can see the sweet new pink petals in that last one.

Speaking of spring, here are a few other gems in my yard.

Tulips

Dogwood bud

Dogwood buds

Hyacinth

Comments