What We've Been Up To

The last several days have been awesome.

Thursday:
I spent the morning doing school with Kara, which is our biggest bonding time, so I cherish it.  I spent the afternoon and all evening at Stephanie's relaxing and enjoying the ONE warm day this 2015.

Unfortunately I came home to receive bad news about my sister's coworker.  After that, Michael and I watched our show on Netflix.

Friday:
Kara remembered that Monday I promised her I'd take her to see Home.



I was thinking about how she never asks for anything and is totally not a present kid.  All she needs are the same old stuffed animals she's had for years and her awesome laptop (that Michael's company paid for).  Since she was excited about this, I thought I'd go all out and see if she wanted to see it in 3D.  She did and had a great time!  She said she couldn't wait until it came out on DVD because it was so great.  :-)  Oh, and we brought Grandma along because everything is more fun with Grandma. :-)

Saturday:
First thing, I took my bestie and her family to the airport.  I live so super close to the airport, I'm happy to have people swing by my house in their car, and then we go to the airport.  I drive their car here to my house from there and park it here in my garage (since Michael's truck doesn't fit in the garage anyway).  Then I can just drive their car (with all their carseats already inside) to pick them up when they get home.  Easy peasy.  Of course, my mom taught me the best way to do this is to fill up their car with gas, then buy them milk and bread for when they get home so they don't have to go to the store the day they get home.  Genius!  I was thrilled to see her tank was almost empty so I could help so much more.  Usually people don't notice when I do this, but I know I did it and it feels good.  :-)

Then Kara and her friend Erin were scheming and got the moms to call each other and arrange a play date.  So, I drove the 25 minutes to Erin's house to drop Kara off at noon, then drove home.  Then I picked her up 2 hours later.  Between the play date trips and airport run, I spent about 2 hours in the car that day!  But it was all worth it.  :-)

Since my sister always goes to her in-laws for Easter, we had my family over to celebrate Easter a week and a day early.  All we did was have a nice dinner and Kara looked for plastic eggs filled with candy.  With my family, we don't have to DO anything.  We just need to be together and there's never a dull moment.  We talked and laughed and watched Jake be cute.  Dinner was great and dessert was even better.  After they left, I cleaned the kitchen, ran the dishwasher, cleaned my oven, and used the chicken bones to make homemade chicken stock.

I have to say, it was strange to celebrate Easter and spring and new life when it was snowing outside.

Sunday:
We had a great church service, as usual.  We have been going through the beattitudes - one for each week.  This week was "Blessed are the merciful for they will receive mercy."  It was so good.  Here is a link to the sermons from our church:  http://www.severnrun.com/newsevernrun/media/sermons/.

Then Michael and I went to Ruby Tuesdays for lunch (which will always be special to us since we went to Ruby Tuesdays on our first date) and then over to the movie theaters to see Insurgent.


It's the second movie in the Divergent series.  Michael and I had already read all the books, but it had been a while, so we were looking forward to this one.  And, it was action packed from the beginning to the end!

So, I went to the movies three times last year - to see How to Train Your Dragon 2, Mockingjay, and Divergent.  And in the last few days, I've been twice already!  I probably won't go again until Mockingjay 2 comes out in November.  :-D

We played bridge with our friends in the evening and the girls got our butts kicked by the boys!  Oh well.  It was still fun.

Monday:
Today is Monday and I am going to finish up the lesson plans I started yesterday.  Kara is going to attempt working on school independently this week.  I will be here to be super supportive (she is still only 8 and a half) and I won't give her too much so it doesn't overwhelm her.  But I'm up for trying it!  She's very driven and independent, so she may be ready for it.  No biggie if she isn't.

As for right now, I am not working at the church today, so I am chilling at home by myself until Kara comes home from my mom's house.  And, since I know how to party, I will be working on laundry and working on packing up the homeschool room.  lol!

Alabama:
Meanwhile, this week in Alabama I will be receiving the budget for the boat garage and RV pad.  After that is settled, I will be asking for a timeline for April.  Also, this week the weather is conducive to cutting down the trees on our property, so they are doing that too.  Another check will go in the mail for that!  Ouch!

Comments