Today's the day!

Yesterday evening, I got another text from Bert saying he and Earl met on the property and did our site plan. There will be a more detailed one next week, but for now, this is what they sent me.  You can see the red marks where I drew in we'd like the driveway to swing both ways at that one spot.  Remember, we need room for an RV to back into that spot, and we need room for Michael to turn around and back his boat into his boat garage.  And, Michael will be parking his truck in the house garage, so he'll need to drive to and from that boat garage.

Woods side
Lake side

If the house is as big as it is (you have seen the plans, you know how large it is), you can tell from this that it's a LOT of driveway.  I've always wanted a circular driveway, and this will be great.  I think it will be nice for guests to line up along the circular driveway right by the front door.  There will be plenty of parking, which makes me happy.  Right now we live in a cul-de-sac and there is no parking for guests.  I think we'll do grass in the front of the house in between the house and driveway, as well as in the circle of the driveway.  Hopefully the rest can just be wild forest floor.  You know what would be really great?  A giant tree in the middle of that circle with a huge swing tied to one of the branches.  *sigh*  Maybe....

Something else that was considered (I don't have the whole property drawn out here) - there is plenty of space for a driveway to sneak around behind Michael's boat garage for access to the back of the property.  Of course, there is a ton of space on the other side of the house, but if someone was to live back there, it would be nice for them to come and go without having to swing past the front of our house on their way to theirs.  On the other hand, the only person who would most likely live on our land would be family, so it wouldn't matter.

One last thing - I was promised to get the budget TODAY!  I will be back on with a thumbs up or down to see if we can afford this whole thing.  Two full months of planning and designing, $45K in utilities installation fees, $1800 to pay for the house plans, and I still have no idea what this will all cost.  *sigh*  The good thing is, their word means everything to them, and once they give me this budget, they will stick to it.  Hard.  So hopefully it'll be worth the wait!

Comments