The Days

We had the best weekend with Michael's parents.  And I'm not just saying that because they read this - they don't read this!

They are the easiest guests.  And (post therapy), I can just relax and enjoy every minute they are here.  I don't even stress when things aren't perfect.  I love how they are "mom and dad."  They want to look at every detail of our house plans as soon as they walk in the door because they can see how super excited we are.  When I say I hope dinner is good, Vicky says, "I know it will be!"  What a mom thing to say.  :-)

They sure love Kara and are proud of her.  Their love just oozes out of them - they don't even have to try.  Kara was SO EXCITED they were here.  She turned into this little show off who was loud and bubbly.  Usually she has several short loud and bubbly moments during the day - I don't know how she maintained it all day.  And she did weird things like climb up on the kitchen island and crawl around on it.  How strange!  She's never done that before, but decided now was the time.  Um, okay.  All signs of excitement when you're 8, I guess.

Here are some great pictures.  Some are on Facebook, some aren't.

Play doh with Mamaw:



Silly girl crossing her eyes



Mamaw's new art projects - I am in love with this.


It sure would have been nice to go to a park and walk around on a pretty sunny day, but we woke up to snow.



So we hung around the house playing cards and other games like this one.  What to do with a 12 foot kitchen island?  Why, slide giant checkers down it of course!  The goal is to get it to stop and land hanging off the side.  Kara did it once - she was thrilled.  :-)












And onto the next game - bouncing marbles into the lid in the middle of the table.  This quickly grew into chasing marbles all over the house, so that wasn't as much fun.  :-)



We also worked on a puzzle, Vicky and Kara drew together, played hangman, and of course, we all played Euchre!  The guys were able to sneak away every once in a while and catch some March Madness, so everyone was happy.

I say this every time, but that has to be the best visit yet!

Comments