Alabama Status

I heard from Bert today.  He says the utilities crew is working today since the sun is out there.  He says they are grading and getting ready to set the transformer.  They are pouring the concrete pad for it to sit on.  He also says he is close to getting me the budget.  Praise the Lord!  He says he got the quotes for windows and heating & cooling on Friday, but he is still waiting on quotes for roofing and lumber.  He also says he will meet with Earl on the property tomorrow morning to do the site plan (they said they'd do it last week - I wonder what happened).  After the site plan is drawn, they can clear trees.

I just put the last checks in the mail for the utilities today.  Oh my word that's a lot of money and a lot of prep work before we even get to break ground on the house.  I bet it's cheaper to do all the utilities if you are building in a neighborhood.  But, we aren't looking to live in a neighborhood, so we'll pay this premium now to forever enjoy having the space to ourselves.

As soon as I hear what the budget is (and I'm either deflated or elated), and we get that settled, I'll ask for a timeline up to breaking ground.  (We aren't planning to see the property again until we break ground, which we were hoping to do last week.)

Praise God for giving me steady nerves.  This peace is not coming from me, my friends.  It's supernatural, coming from my sweet Jesus.

Comments