We're here!

Oh my.  We are all three here in Guntersville and it feels like heaven.  Let me start from the beginning.

After a stressful month (or two), Michael and I decided we needed to spend Christmas week in our happy place - our new property in Guntersville, Alabama.  Since Kara had never seen it before, that sounded like even more of a good idea.

So, we drove the 11 and a half hours from Maryland to Alabama.  Remember how I said I would spend a few weeks here and a few weeks there while Michael lived here?  Yeah.  That's not happening.  I told Michael in the car yesterday, "there's no way I'm driving all this way every two weeks."  lol!  It was a great trip - Kara is better than most adults in the car, I listened to an audiobook, and Michael and I took turns driving.  But, it's just not something I'm willing to do every two weeks.  Maybe every month.....

Anyway, we woke up today in the hotel and Kara was BUZZING with questions, which meant she was super excited.  We drove to the land and only had about an hour to play in our woods before the thunderstorm hit.  Yes.  Thunderstorm.  At the end of December.  (It's about 50 degrees here and will be 61 and rainy tomorrow.  Christmas day will be sunny and 48 - perfect!)

In the mean time, that hour was pure bliss.  Here are some pictures I snapped:

She's here!

Welcome to your new land, baby.  One day we will look
back at these pictures and say, "you were so little!"

Michael is taking pictures of the view.

Let's explore!

How pretty is this fungus?  Maybe I'm biased.


Kara pointed out every single thing and said it was so cool!
These mushrooms were so cool and I had to take a picture.  :-)

The rain was just here and it's coming back soon.

Look at this cool stump!

I'm in love with this picture.



This is it.  This is HER tree.  She loves it and it is hers.

I told her we should carve her initials in it.






I loved the way the light was shining on the lake in the distance.

Pine trees.  Merry Christmas!
The thunderstorms had us back in the truck and we have been exploring our new town.  We're noting where the dentist is, doctor, restaurants, clothing stores, library, hospital, etc.

Then we went to Applebees for lunch.  It was still raining, so we came back to the hotel for a movie we had never seen before, "Rise of the Guardians."  Now we're snacking with cartoons on tv while I play with my pictures.  :-)

Something Michael and I have been discussing is when to build the house.  We are thinking we will start with the architect and running the utilitiy lines in a few weeks/a month.  When it comes time to actually clear the trees and start building, if Michael's job hasn't started yet, we think I should move down here with Kara to oversee all of that while Michael keeps working in Maryland and we sell our Maryland house.  It has taken several days for it to sink in, but I am thinking it's a good idea and starting to think about / plan for that.

I hope wherever you are, you are having a great Christmas week!

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow!!!!! I absolutely love all of your pictures!!! Gorgeous! Kara looks so happy! I'm so glad u are there for Christmas! Merry Christmas wonderful! Can't wait to see and hear all your plans!!!
Elisabeth said…
I agree with Steph! And I love how the tall grass just fades away in the background of those pictures of Kara. I can't wait to come see your new place!