So Much

The weeks are FLYING by.  That tends to happen when I'm crazy busy.  Here is what my week looked like:

Monday - work at church until 2, pick Kara up from my mom's and come home to do school for several hours.  (She was in the mood, so we kept going.  This is how homeschool goes!)  Thanksgiving leftovers for dinner, then bath/shower, read to Kara while she does exercises (this takes about an hour, usually a little longer - 30 minutes to do all the exercises plus 30+ minutes of sitting and stretching her hamstrings).  Then it was bed time!

Tuesday - do a long school day because this week is going to be crazy and we need to get as much done as possible.  Between 1:00 (when we finished school) and 3:30 (when we left for dinner), I showered, got Kara dressed and ready, made and ate lunch, cleaned up after lunch and breakfast, did a load or two of laundry, and made several phone calls about the upcoming signing of the land.  At 3:30 we went to a friend's house for dinner, then went to Awanas.  I convinced Kara to go, then I talked to the activities leader about Kara's restrictions, and he had her RUNNING anyway.  And it was raining so the day was spent bagging and un-bagging her casts whenever we needed to get in and out of the car.  Ugh.  It was a long day.  We came home to no exercises because she hurt from the running, which I specifically said she can't do right now!  We aren't going back until her casts are off, and maybe not even after that.  I'm so disappointed.  In a world where we make so many rules for kids who have special needs, special dietary needs, etc, they couldn't work with me for my two casted kid?

Wednesday - we did as much school as possible, but we had to leave by 11:30 for Kara's PT.  I spent ALL DAY on the phone about the papers we needed to sign for the land in Alabama.  Kara's PT went well - and she was given even more exercises.  That's good, though!  That means she's getting better.  After PT, we went to the pharmacy, to the bank to get a certified check for the down payment on the property, I dropped Kara off at my mom's, picked up Michael, and went to my sister's house to sign the papers (she is a notary, so it was great that she could help us).  Then we dropped the stuff off at fedex and headed out to dinner.  Michael took me to Bob Evans and we are thinking going out to restaurants that serve Michael breakfast for 5.99 instead of steak for 17.99 is brilliant.  Then we picked Kara up and did bath/shower, and read for an hour or so for exercises.

Thursday - we did as much school as possible, but we had to leave by 11:30 for Kara's casting.  This casting appointment was very long because they also fitted her for her braces.  Her other PT lady came in and they all talked about what the best kind of braces were for Kara.  I love that they all talk (whether I'm there or not) and I don't have to be the go-between when I don't really know what I'm talking about.  We didn't get home until close to 3, but these casts hurt Kara, so I was emailing the casting ladies wondering if it was normal.  They asked a bunch of questions and said let's let her sleep on it and we'll decide in the morning (since it wasn't agony and it only hurt when she was walking on it).  Not to mention, I answered more Alabama phone calls, called the Orthopedic surgeon about a script for Kara's braces, and a few zillion other things on the computer. I made dinner, with leftovers for my friend to come over the next day for lunch, but she couldn't make it.  Her little kitty is very sick and she needed to take him to the vet.  Since those plans were canceled and my sister was having a rough week (and mine was good but busy!), we decided to all have lunch with my sister.  Meanwhile, I spent the evening catering to Kara and asking her every 2 minutes how her feet felt.

Friday - Kara skyped with Michael's mom at 10, we brought lunch to my sister, then I left Kara with my mom so Michael and I could spend 2 hours signing papers setting up our trust.  As I was leaving Kara with my mom, the casting lady said she could get Kara a new cast now, so my mom took Kara for me.  Michael and I sat in a ton of traffic (all the while asking if it was time to move to Alabama yet), swung by a Royal Farms on the way home (where I had way too high expectations for my small grocery list), then picked Kara up, and played bridge with our friends since we can't play this Sunday.

I feel like I haven't caught my breath all week.  Today is the company Christmas party (even though you're not supposed to call it that) and I really need to spend all day on my hair, but someone has to clean this house (since we're on a budget, that someone is me), not to mention we didn't do school yesterday, which means we never did our spelling test or math quiz.  Plus I have decided there is no time for the Christmas tree this year.  We are celebrating Christmas in 2 weeks since my parents will be out of town on the 25th.  Why do we have to have Christmas so soon after Thanksgiving?  I'm too tired!  This, my friends, is why I usually put the decorations up before Thanksgiving.

So, this year we were setting up our trust, traveling to Alabama, buying property there, casting with Kara, trying to homeschool, and hosting Thanksgiving and Christmas.  It's been a busy couple of months and I don't have time to be there and take care of my sister who just had surgery the way I usually do (meals, doing her hair, etc.).  I am trying to be there for my best friend who is going through a really tough time, but I haven't seen her hardly at all.  And you can see how HEAVILY I have been depending on my mom as a babysitter.  Not to mention all the grocery shopping she does for me!  She's better than Peapod!

Sigh.

I guess this is just the season of paperwork, homework for me, and driving Kara back and forth to the physical therapists twice a week.

I'm tired.

Comments