Christmas

We celebrated Christmas with my family today since many of us will be traveling next week.  While I had a few presents for some people, there was no pressure for presents and none were expected.  We all had a lovely breakfast together, then hung out.  It was blissful.

Jake loved the stuffing-less toys I bought him!








After everyone went home, I packed the Christmas decorations up, ran the vacuum, did the dishes, and now I'm doing a load of laundry.

I am focusing on our trip to Alabama, which ends with Christmas with Michael's family.  All that time in the car (yes, we are driving to Alabama) will actually be really nice.  All three of us put headphones on and do our own thing.  We all have big bladders so we rarely stop.  Michael's truck even has a 36 gallon tank.  So, I'm thinking I can listen to a nice audiobook, and maybe Michael will let me do most of the driving.  I WISH I didn't get carsick so I could read books, do Bible studies, watch movies, etc.  Oh well!  At least I'm the only one so everyone else can do those things while I drive.

With heated seats, cooled seats, an extended cab, an electrical outlet, etc, I'm looking forward to a luxurious week in the car.  Ahhhh.  Can you tell I like to get away?

So, what are we going to do in Alabama?  Well, I'm not really sure.  I know we will hang out on our property.  Kara and I can't wait to explore the woods - every inch of it.  I plan to bring my camera - I miss taking pictures so much (and I'm already worse than I was a few months ago).  But, it's supposed to rain a bit, sooooooo, I'm not really sure what else we'll do.  I definitely want to explore the little town a bit more.  I am wondering what we are going to do for food on Christmas day.....

Comments

Elisabeth said…
I am still discovering things about our new area and I still love it. That part is fun!