Newfangled Contraption

I've been posting to this blog as an online journal for a long time now - partially for myself, partially for friends/family who can't see us every day and like to see how Kara's growing and hear the funny things she says.  But, I haven't read anyone else's blogs except my family's blogs who were doing the same thing keeping in touch.

After I started home schooling, I found blog after blog of home schooling families around the country.  They were fascinating.  I loved seeing their pretty home school rooms, reading all about the curriculums they've tried, and was relieved to see that they have bad days too.

Lately, with friends and family blogs, home school blogs, and some fun ones I like, I found myself checking nearly 20 blogs a day.

I just now figured out how to "follow" them all and have my dashboard keep me up to date with current posts.  lol!  Oh, my.  You'd never know I spent years in college studying to be a software engineer.  Then I spent years at work developing/maintaining complex programs/systems/databases.

So, now I don't have to check 20 sites, I check my dashboard, read the new stuff, and am on with my day.

*sigh*

I'm going to be sure to complain about "kids these days," and be careful not to break a hip today.  :-)

Comments