First Staycation

This weekend we had our first staycation.  (Just in case you don't know what that means, instead of 'going' on vacation, you 'stay' on vacation.)  We got a sitter for Kara Thursday evening through Monday morning, Michael took off work on Friday, Steve and Maureen (our cruise and bridge buddies) took off, and we pretended we were on a cruise.  Life has been way crazy with my sister in the hospital, so I was grateful to not have to pack or anything.  AND I came down with a cold, so while on vacation it was nice to sleep in my own bed and get a good night's rest.  :-)

The weather was fantastic this weekend.  We planned to stay inside and play bridge, but it was so beautiful we headed out to play corn hole.

 Look at these cute little baby leaves!  I love spring.

 Corn hole - Redskins version  ;-)

 Michael tried throwing it like a basketball to see if that worked better - it didn't.  lol!  The guys dominated, but I had fun, it was so pretty out.

 My best hand all weekend.  I did wonderful things with these pretty cards!

My most unique hand ever.  9 diamonds - whoa.  I did wonderful things with these cards too!  :-)

All in all, it was a GREAT time!  We wished it was longer and are planning another one already!

Comments