Thinking Ahead

Today is my sister's 30th birthday.  I think you all are friends with me on facebook, so you'll remember why she's in the hospital.  We think she'll be fine in a week or two, but it's a rotten place to be for her birthday.  We all went to the hospital and made a big deal out of her birthday.  Her room has loads of balloons and cards, and her friend had her wear a bright pink badge that says 'birthday girl'.  :-)

When we got home, I spent the day cleaning and organizing.  I did a little bit in my room, but the major work was done in the home school room.  Before I start setting up for 3rd grade, I'm cleaning (chalk dust is everywhere!) and taking all the 2nd grade stuff down.  It's looking pretty empty, but clean.

Kara's desk was too small, she says, so I'm bringing in a new one
(looks like the map made it to next year's decor)

Look how empty my walls, bulletin boards, and floors are!

Inside the closet, I pulled all the supplies out, went through everything, and organized for next year

The carpet still hasn't been replaced, and the rug covering 'the stain' is driving me crazy.  I think I need to splurge on one of those pads that sticks the rug to the carpet so it won't keep moving around.

Stay tuned for more on our 3rd grade room!

(I asked Kara what she wanted me to do to decorate.  She spread her arms open wide while facing my desk and said, "put a big sign up saying '3rd grade big kid stuff'".  lol!!)

Comments