Tuesday, April 23rd

After weeks of going non-stop (this month I paid more than double what I usually do for gas, we finished up home school - at an accelerated rate, I've kept up with cleaning the house, and we had company recently), I needed some serious rest.  Kara and I slept in until 10 on Sunday, and her cold demanded we just hang out close to home.  We both did very little.  She played on her computer and played with her toys in her room.  I don't think she even went downstairs that day.  I was able to lose myself in a book.  Man, oh man, I needed that.

Michael was out of town last weekend on a fishing trip.  He is pretty stressed these days, and this trip was just what he needed.  He forgot his toiletry bag, didn't bring any towels or sheets, and left his boat "unplugged," which took up about an hour of his day Saturday to drain the water he took on.  This is not my husband.  His mind is always incredibly sharp, his memory is amazing, and nothing is ever forgotten.  These are all signs he is tired.  Anyway, he had a great time and is doing better already.  :-)

Monday Kara and I went to church so I could count the tithe.  Then we hung out at our friend's house for lunch and for the afternoon.  We came home to cook dinner, and talk about what's new with my sister.  You're all on facebook and know what's going on - she has a long, difficult road ahead of her.  :-(

As soon as we heard she couldn't go on the big trip we've been planning for a year, we decided we were not going without her.  But my dad, Michael, and another friend said to think long and hard before giving it up.  We all have been looking forward to it for so long.  So, maybe we'll do a version of the trip and save the part Christina wanted to do for when she could come with us - probably in a year or so.  While these decisions are up in the air, my anxiety is pretty bad.  I need these decisions to be made so I can calm down.  With everything that's going on with Christina, the decision keeps getting put off more and more, and I'm about to snap.  I hate that I'm like this, I should be focused on Christina only, but I am like this.  Anyone who doesn't suffer from anxiety problems won't understand.

Today I am letting Kara rest because of her cold.  She says she feels okay, but the color of the stuff coming out of her nose is nas-ty.  I need to catch up on chores too:  3 loads of laundry, dishes from yesterday, I need to think of something to make for dinner tonight, bathrooms need cleaning, the contractor is coming soon, and I need to work on bills.  My day at home will be sort of restful, but mostly I'll need to be getting things done.

Michael and I are looking forward to our staycation this weekend.  We are pretending like we're on a cruise - eating out every day, playing bridge with our friends every day, going to movies, etc.  The best part - it's super cheap and we'll be sleeping in our own beds and we'll have our own bathrooms.  I hope we can all disconnect, technologically speaking.  Michael and I need this break so badly.

Comments

Elisabeth said…
Hope you two can have a great staycation where you disconnect from the world and reconnect with each other!