Trip to the Doctor, and other stuff

Kara is pretty awesome.  I know most parents think that about their kids, but she REALLY is.  Hmmm, maybe most kids are better than I give them credit for....

Anyway, our tradition for killing time at the doctor is to pretend we're sick with silly illnesses and have the other person give pretend prescriptions.  You know how long it takes....our appointment was for 1:45, meanwhile the doc comes in at 2:20.  Ugh.

Today we went in because of this:

Her little thigh had this weird rash thing on it.  (Don't worry, by the time we got to the doc hours later, it was almost gone - on it's own.  Perfect!  Easy peasy.)

"Mommy, pretend I'm the doctor.  Tell me something funny that's wrong with you."

 "Are you taking my picture?"
 
 "Mooooooom!"

"Fine.  Cheeeeeeese."

Well, she's too cool to have her picture taken.  And too cool for stickers at the doctor.  But she can still be silly with me.  Our pretend sicknesses included:
  * I yawned and said I was tired.  Her solution was to raise her arms and say, "well, then, take a nap!"
  * I raised my arm and said, "doc, you gotta help me, I can't lower my arm."  She gave me a pretend pill and said, "this will help," and what do you know?  It lowered right away.  That gulp of air really helped.  :-)
  * Kara closed her eyes and said, "doctor, I can't see."  I said, "open you're eyes."  She said, "noooo.  Should I poke them?"  Lol!  I said, "sure," so she poked her eyes and they opened!  Guess she didn't need me after all.  :-)

 This morning we did school.  We went heavy on reading, Bible, America, and Spelling.  We skipped Phonics and Math since we did so much of that this week.  I'm really liking these last few weeks of school.  We're coasting into summer.  :-)

Then we had lunch and play time with a new home school group.  I'm always looking for new friends, and having home school in common is a great place to start.  Most of the kids knew each other, but Kara had no trouble meeting new people and making new friends.  A room full of 15 kids is far less intimidating than her first night at Awanas was - at least 60 kids!  Anyway, I'm happy to see her social skills are still in tact - despite a year of being home schooled.  ;-)

Well, now it's time for dinner out with my parents, then I get to pick up two of my cousins at the airport who are coming for the weekend.  Let the fun begin!!  (Or should I say, let the fun continue!)

Have a great weekend!

Comments