TGIFridays and CVS 12/30/12

I'm back into coupons!  Ah, it feels good.  And things are getting low in my stock pile.  Only 2 rolls of paper towels, NO toothbrushes, only 1 toothpaste, etc.  It's great though because I was able to use everything I bought, or donate it.  No hoarding here.  :-)

So, Michael, Kara, and I started with lunch at TGIFridays.  I used a gift card for $25 and a 20% off coupon.  In the end, with tip, for the 3 of us, I left two $5 bills.  :-)

Then I went to CVS.  Hello!  I forgot how much I love CVS.

A bag of m&ms - $1.50 (should have looked closer, it was supposed to be $.75, but oh well)
A small bottle of tide - $5.94
(used $1.50 off coupon) - makes it $4.44
A small bottle of dawn - $.99
(used $.20 off coupon) - makes it $.79
4 6pks Bounty paper towels - $5.77 each
(used $1.00 off coupon) - makes them $5.52 each
1 light bulb (the new spiral kind that lasts 20 years) - $2.99

So, the total was $33.58 with sales, those coupons and tax.
Then I used $6 ECBs from Prevacid deal with my health savings account bank card.
Then I used $5 ECBs from my annual beauty bucks
Then I received $1 ECBs for the m&ms
Then I received $2 ECBs for the light bulb
Then I received $10 ECBs for the paper towels

WOW!  So, my total was $9.58  Wahoooooooo!!!

So, some of those things were on sale, the original price $52.26
Using coupons and sales, I brought it down to $33.58
And with ECBs I paid $9.58.
I saved $42.68, which is 82%

:-D

Comments