Angel?

Kara is a good kid.  A really, really good kid.  Generally she wants to please us, but she isn't a lemming pushover doormat, she has a brain of her own and an incredible imagination.  When her behavior impresses me, I realize some of it is her easy going personality, and some of it is her obedience.

BUT, she is not perfect.  Every once in a while she reminds me she is in fact human, and not the sweet angel I get to live with 95% of the time.

Today Michael and I planned a day of shopping and lunch (for Michael that means Walmart for one thing, the verizon store for a new cell phone, and one other quick store).  All of that took a grand total of an hour or two, then we added lunch in there.  As we were getting ready to go out, Kara collapsed in tears because she didn't want to go.  It wasn't a 2 year old tantrum like a fit, it was a spoiled selfish disappointment she wasn't getting what she wanted.  She just wimpered and cried and cried some more.  You'd think I was telling her she had to move out and I didn't love her anymore.

Anyway, as I was completely disgusted, I got her to settle down and we left and she was happy and had a blast while we were out (like I knew she would).  I decided her punishment is she has to go out somewhere with me every single day this week until she won't cry next time we tell her to go out.  If she cries again, it'll be another week of going out every day.

Her answer when I told her this?  "Yes, mommy."  (Our equivalent of "yes, ma'am.")  Yeah, good answer.

I'll let you know how it turns out!

Comments