Almost done

I can't believe how quickly things are coming together!!  It's been two days and almost everything is done!

The basement is done.  Ceiling is closed, sanded, painted.  Tables are dusted, furniture is vacuumed.  It's looking great.

Ready for some pictures?

Family room - floors done, tree up, still a lot to decorate

 The kitchen.  :-)  My two favorite people on the planet are in this picture.  I LOVE that they're spending time at the stools I picked out and built - that was me standing on the other side of the sink washing dishes earlier with a huge grin on my face.  The WHOLE POINT of the kitchen was to get me out of the corner by myself.  :-)

 
Did you notice those pretty new curtains??  Yes, they need ironing, but I don't iron, so I'm not sure what the solution is....
 
 Mudroom - still need another lower cabinet (one was damaged), then counters (don't you like my cardboard temporary solution?), a new light, and maybe new art.

 View of the kitchen from the dining room - the new thing is the molding under the countertop there

 Formal living room - new blinds, need to fix broken curtains, but looking really good otherwise!

 Powder room - everything is new and works!  Still need to make the art though....

 I'm using the same curtains as the kitchen.  I think they're really pretty

Closeup of the sink and faucet in the powder room.  Love.  Them.

Not much left to do now.  My contractor took most of his tools home, which is kind of sad.  But, getting the house back to normal is really exciting.  I still have a ton of work to do, but it feels so much better already.

Comments

Elisabeth said…
What does Michael think of the new area? Not much if I know him. =) You guys never sat at the table to eat, did you? I foresee the stools getting lots of bottom time! =) Glad everything is coming together.
jeday0323 said…
You know your brother well! He doesn't really care about most things, but random things he'll be really excited about. For example, he LOVES the floors.
Nope, we never sat at the table in the kitchen. I'm so glad to be actually using all that space now. :-)