Last Kitchen update

Today I went shopping all day with Kara.  I found a few Christmas presents for her and some for me!  Well, for the kitchen.  Then Kara and I wrapped like 25 presents for friends' kids (which I've been collecting since January at super low prices), and I wrapped the 6 or 7 I have for Kara.  Whew - that took hours!  I love it.  :-)  Especially
 * when I can listen to Christmas music in the car while we're shopping
 * when Kara is an absolute angel while we shop for FOUR hours
 * when I can listen to Pandora's Christmas music while I wrap.  :-)

So, how about a final kitchen update?  The contractor didn't come today - he's pretty much done, so he's just waiting on the last shipment to come in to do the rest of the work.  However, I bought almost 30 light switch plates (and electric plates) and installed them all.  Well, one didn't fit and I'm confused why, so I'll ask the contractor when he comes back.  :-)

Powder room - same as you saw in the last pictures except the light switch and electrical plates.  Oh, and the Christmas decorations and towel.

 Still need to work on art.  I think I forget what free time is - I haven't seen it in months....

 The kitchen looks the same as when you last saw it.  Yep, my loves are in the same place too.  It's quickly becoming a tradition.  :-)  This is me, happy as a clam.  :-D
Can you see the new molding around the cabinets?

 Still waiting on the shipment for the damaged cabinet.  Looks like 2 more weeks.  Fun.  So, my cardboard countertop will have to do.  And, no storing things in there yet since there's still work to be done.  Boo.

 I stayed up late last night finishing the family room.  I couldn't help myself.  It turned out really nicely, if I do say so myself.  :-)  I am looking forward to a wonderful Christmas celebration in that room in a few weeks!

 She is a pretty prancing reindeer on my countertop.  I think I need to go to the store and buy her a sister....

 It sure is a pleasure cooking dinner on this. :-)

 Still have a bit of work to do on the formal living room!  Fortunately, we rarely use it, so I just pass by it a mess like this and say, oh yeah, I have to finish that.  Then I continue on my way.  :-)  (By the way, see that hideous oak banister?  I wasn't a fan of it before the renovation, but now it clashes with the new cherry floors big time.  They will be painted white very soon.)

Have you been wondering where the school posts have gone?  Yeah, me too.  We haven't done school in a while.  I think we've taken 2 weeks off.  Public school is just now catching up with us - we're actually all on day 63 of school, so next week it's back to business and some more school posts.  There may be some baking posts too.  (Sorry Dad!  I'll warn you ahead of time when I do those!  lol.)

Comments