summer fun

I haven't been posting much because we're having a lot of fun.  :-)  Pool days, hanging out and catching up with friends that are usually too busy during the school year, etc.  Life is good!  Here's a few highlights:


  * First, today is Kara's 6th birthday!  I'm so happy God brought her into our lives!!!!
  * Kara lost her third tooth yesterday - she now has her two front teeth missing and one on the bottom.
  * I'm planning our kitchen renovation (which I posted on the other day)
  * Michael is still working hard and fishing up a storm - he's been doing a bunch of charity tournaments where he takes other people (paralyzed veterans, children, etc.) out on his boat so they can fish.
  * I'm having a blast planning for home school.  I found a Christian curriculum I really like, now I'm just working to find books that are her level.  It's a bit pricey, but worth it to make sure this year is great.  I don't want it to be too hard or too easy.  Anyway, decorating my room and my bulletin boards has been really fun, as well as looking at lesson plans.  :-)
  * I'm still clipping coupons!  Don't forget about My Coupon Blog.  :-)  Summer deals have been fun and back to school sales are starting already.  I am going to be stocking up for home school, Kara's second grade year in public school (assuming that's where the Lord leads us), and for those Christmas shoe boxes I send every year - one for each niece and nephew I have.  (Operation Christmas Child.)

(This is a pic of our house I got from their website - on the water and has a pool.)

  * Our vacation to the Outerbanks is coming up.  We've never been and I'm really looking forward to it.  We're staying SUPER far north - almost in Virginia.  We'll be driving on the sand to get to our house - that should be fun!  Ahhhhh, rest and relaxation.  Well, either that or jet skis, kayaks, games with the family, and sand castles with Kara.  :-)

Comments

Kattrina said…
My sister just left for Outter Banks this week. They LOVE it there and always have a great time. I've never been but I bet you'll have fun. The house looks fabulous!

Any time Michael wants to take Ivan out fishing, let me know! He loves fishing but has only fished with a stick with a string tied to it (Honduran style) and I'm not so great at the fishing thing. Sometimes we hit up the lake but haven't caught anything.

Glad you're having a great summer!
Anonymous said…
That beach house looks awesome!!! Are all the Day's going?
jessicaday said…
Nope, all the Stewarts are going - my side of the family. (Parents, sister with her husband and dog, and us 3.)
Anonymous said…
Have FUN!!!!
Vicky said…
I WISH all the Days were going, LOL! How cute Kara looks with no front teeth! Is she having a hard time talking? Loved her birthday cake. Looked like a hat. Did you make it? Love you all!