Birthday week and planning heaven

I've been quiet lately, but that's because I've been busy having loads of fun.  I stretched out celebrating my birthday for a whole week.
Saturday I went to dinner and went shopping with Lara - one on one with my best friend - it doesn't get any better than that!
Tuesday my mom made my favorite dinner and brought it to my house, where we celebrated with my family.  Kara gave me her present - an empty box.  Lol!  I unwrapped a pasta box that had an empty box inside of it.  She said she thought the box was pretty and that's what she wanted to give me for my birthday.  Of course, I love it.  :-)
Wednesday I went to a friends house, who threw a surprise birthday party for me - just the two of us and our kids.  Balloons, cupcakes, decorations, happy birthday signs, AND presents!
Thursday I went to a friends house.
Friday I went to dinner with a friend, and used my $12 coupon for a free meal!  Ah, I love Chevys.  :-)  We stayed up late looking at kitchen magazines and giggling.
(Friday night we lost power and didn't get it back for almost 24 hours, which I thought was a really long time until I realized people would be going without it for a week!  The strange thing is no one ever mentioned this storm and there weren't really even any warnings on the news.  I couldn't believe the damage it did - it came out of nowhere.  Michael and Kara were camping - boy do they have some stories about being out in it!!!  So glad they're safe.)
Saturday we didn't have power, so I celebrated my movie marathon with my friend and sister at my parent's house - fortunately they didn't have anything else going on that day and they were willing to host us!

Yep, THAT's how you stretch out a birthday celebration.  :-)

Since then it's been planning for the 4th of July, next it will be planning for Kara's birthday party the 11th, then planning for our trip to the Outerbanks.  All the while I'm planning for my kitchen and home school.  Is this the best planning summer for a planner like me or what?  I'm in planning heaven!

Comments

Vicky said…
I laughed out loud at you being in planning heaven! :D