Keeping Up with Jessica

Ugh.  I am feeling SO emotional about my house these days.  I do NOT want to move.  *sigh*  Is it emotions, or the Lord's leading?  Going to keep praying.....

Kara's in VBS this week and loving it.  This is the first year she's done VBS at our church because our church and community is so big.  We have more than 300 kids registered and one class has to turn people away because they're too full!  Each grade has 4-6 classes.  Wow.  Anyway, Kara found one of her super best friends from school is there (but not in her class), so she can hang out with her during music and snack (where all 4 Kindergarten classes come together).  For little girls, isn't it all about finding a best friend to share an experience with to feel like it's fun?

I'm volunteering with the sign in desk and today was my day for snacks for the VBS workers.  With this crazy heat, I didn't want anything too heavy, so I put together a fruit tray and a veggie tray.  (Especially since there are like 6 people that signed up for food today.)  Wouldn't you know ALL this food was g-o-n-e by the time I picked Kara up at 12:30.  Whoa.



While Kara was in VBS, I decided to do something she doesn't like doing - go shopping.  I went to the teacher store in Columbia and Ollies and Office Depot for school supplies.  I got a bunch of great deals.  And shopping alone is kind of fun every once in a while - especially with a nice cup of starbucks coffee in my hand.

Then today was company meeting day and family dinner night, so we had a delicious pot roast.

Tomorrow is getting the car repaired, VBS for Kara, and cleaning all morning.  Tomorrow is exciting for me not only because it's pay day, but for another reason.  The books I got to home school Kara are really too easy (and I don't want her breezing through home school only to find second grade back in public school is hard and she doesn't like it), so I bought another set of books to use that are more where she is.  SO, tomorrow the books come - I've been waiting weeks for these - I'm so excited!!  

So, when you won't hear from me for a while, you'll know I'm just in home school planning heaven.  :-)

Happy Tuesday, my sweet blog readers!

Comments

Elisabeth said…
Don't stay off the radar too long!!