Did you say new kitchen?

I know there aren't hundreds who read my blog, but I'm wondering if any of you 4 who do read it caught the end of my last post when I said I'm planning my new kitchen.  Yep.  It's FINALLY time for it.  I've been waiting 5 years for this and it's finally happening.  Of course, the longer I've had to plan it, the bigger the project has become.  It will now completely transform the first floor of my house:  rearrange everything including appliances in the kitchen, hardwood floors on the whole first floor, mudroom will become a mudroom/walk in pantry, whole new powder room, and knock down a wall!!!  It's gonna be great!

Coming soon:  before pictures and complaints with the way things are now.  I try not to complain too much with what I have, because it is mostly functional, but I will "address the issues" now because you'll be able to see what I don't like and how much better the new kitchen will be!

I've never done a renovation before, so this is going to be interesting.  Fortunately, my contractor is my best friend's husband.  Hopefully he doesn't want to kill me before it's all over!  I have a very specific design in mind.

I'm thinking we'll get started in September or October, depending on what my contractor's schedule looks like.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow!!! That sounds awesome and CRAZY!!! By crazy I mean, if you've never done a reno, you don't realize how much this will drive you nuts til it's done!!!! UGH! BUT, of course when it's over, you will be so happy!!! It's just that middle part when everything is messed up, dusty/dirty and chaotic. Congrats and can't wait to see the transformation!
jessicaday said…
Thank you, Stephanie!! :-)
Kattrina said…
I'm glad you're finally getting your dream kitchen! My parent's have renovated kitchens in two of their houses and they have both turned out great. The kitchen in their Vermont house is amazing - so big and lots of cabinet space. I have a tiny, rinkydink kitchen that comes with renting a small condo but one day maybe I'll get a nice big kitchen with space to do all the cooking I love to do.
Vicky said…
WOOHOO!! Can't wait to see what you are going to do!