Days #8 & #9 - at Sea

Okay, to be honest, by the time we left Haiti and were heading home, I was REALLY missing Kara.  I kind of wished those days away so I could be home with her.  We, of course, played bridge all day, and it was so awesome.  Maureen and I played very well as a team competing against everyone else on the ship, and we all even won some nice prizes.  Dinners were amazing, the shows were fun, and being at sea was great, but I was ready to see my little girl.  The last two times I went on a cruise Kara was 2 and 3 years old.  She was home all day every day with me, fishing season was in full swing and I was alone with a little one 6 days straight, and I was ready for the *ahem* break.  I missed her a little while I was gone, but not much (because I knew she was happy where she was and not missing me).  But, by the time I came home to her, I didn't stop squeezing her.  But this time she's a big kid who's gone at school all day and I miss her already.  So, I definitely missed her more this time.

Overall the trip was great, we are all safe and well, and we came back refreshed, well rested, with great memories, and our marriage even stronger.  Praise God for His beautiful creation, and for the opportunity to invest in our marriage!!!

Comments