Day #2 - At Sea

I took motion sickness medicine the first few days of the cruise, so I slept REALLY well.  :-)  I woke up the next morning feeling well rested and ready for the day.  We weren't going anywhere, just spending the whole day at sea.  That's a great way to spend the second day - you can really get a feel for the ship (which is less like a hotel on the water and more like a city on the water).  So, we went to the formal dining room for breakfast because Steve and Michael wanted to have a lavish breakfast.  (P.S. - what's with guys and breakfast?)  I ordered french toast, which was 2 inches thick and literally sugar coated.  Really good, but it took 45 minutes to get to our table - that's what happens when you go formal I guess.  And the coffee was so, so bitter.  (Yeah, we didn't go back - it was cafe for us from then on!)

 
view from our breakfast table

We scarfed down the food so we could make it to the 10am bridge lecture.  Unfortunately it was VERY basic and a total waste of time, but we were at sea and it's a good place to be no matter what.  :-)

 
view from bridge lecture
 
view from bridge lecture (yes, it was still raining)

When the lecture was done, we started in with playing bridge - only stopping to have lunch.  Then we had a bridge tournament at 2 with other people on the ship.

 
more bridge!

Maureen and I were a team, and we were playing against Steve and Michael, and everyone else.  Who do you think won?  Well, normally Steve and Michael beat us, but not this time!  Us ladies were the champs for the day.  It was fun, but definitely more competitive than I'm used to.  I made a few mistakes, but played well overall, which was pretty exciting (and good for my ego).  :-)  Then it was back to our rooms to get ready for dinner.  It was a formal night!  Ah, I love those.  I spent a long time getting all pretty and wore my sweet new dress and lovely velvet high heels.  So great.  I would post a pic, but I didn't buy it because my bra strap was sticking out!  You'd think the photographer would have told me!  Oh well.  It was awesome.  Duck for me, filet mignon for Michael.  Whoa.  Yum.  Dessert was molten lava cake with some decaf coffee.  Yum times two!

 


And don't forget that wonderful view.  After that we played bridge for a few more hands, then went to the 9:00 show - singers and dancers.  So beautiful and great talent - Michael was bored.  ;-)  Then, what do you think we did after the show?  You got it - more bridge!!!  lol!!!  So, day #2 was wonderful and I'm happy to report I had very little motion sickness - the least I've ever had on a cruise.  I'm so impressed!

Comments

Kattrina said…
Now that is a lot of bridge! Glad you had so much fun though. Do you have to pay for the formal breakfasts or is all the food included no matter where you go?
jessicaday said…
The food was included wherever you went. They did have a special Italian restaurant you could pay extra to eat dinner in, but we already spent a lot for the cruise, so we were all about eating what was included. :-)