Day #6 - San Juan, Puerto Rico

We have been to San Juan already, so we stayed on the ship.  I went to San Juan in 2001 when I went to Vieques for a mission trip (I already walked the streets of Old San Juan, hiked in the tropical rain forest, and swam with bio-luminescent fish).  I went to San Juan again in 2010 on a cruise, and walked and shopped in the towns.  I already have souvenirs and Michael wanted to just hang around the ship and read his book.

Here's the view of San Juan from where we were reading on the ship.  (This is where I was looking when I called my mom that day.)


Here's Michael reading - he loaded 3 books and I think he read them all!


My Bible study from that day had a really neat quote.  "A disciple is simply a person willing to learn.  An intentional pupil."  After a few months of hit or miss Bible study with not much life-altering lessons, I am back and studying Daniel.  This quote was great because I made sure I didn't miss any Bible study while on the ship - and I am being blessed so much from all I'm learning.  God is so good to me.  :-)

 My view while studying the Bible.

Now San Juan's time has passed and it's time to sail away to our next port.  Here we are pulling out of the harbor:


View of Old San Juan

 Old San Juan

Old San Juan

I know there are several pictures of Old San Juan, but I'm just so impressed with being able to see what all kinds of explorers and anyone else who came to Puerto Rico by sea saw from their ships.  I think of a hundred years ago, 200 years ago, 500 years ago.  Very cool!

Of course we played plenty of bridge that afternoon, stopped for a fancy dinner, then a show - that night's entertainment was a juggler.  He was so good!  I must be getting old because he looked like a baby, then his little brother came on stage for a stunt and he was a full grown man, but looked about 10 years old!  Sigh.  Anyway, they did a great job and absolutely loved being on stage, so that made it even more fun to watch.

After the show, we played more bridge!

But, I've forgotten to show you the things we found every other night after dinner:





Comments

Kattrina said…
I have always wanted to go to Puerto Rico. That was my first choice for a honeymoon but was just too expensive for us. One day I'll make it there. My parents went once and loved it. Fun times! Love the stories about your cruise!