Day #3 - Bermuda

We woke up on Day #3 already docked in Bermuda.  Unfortunately, the clouds still hadn't parted and we still hadn't seen the sun.  But, it wasn't raining, and the clouds helped it not be so hot.  Michael and I have been in Bermuda 2 other times, and none of these times have we ventured far, so we walked around a bit and took pictures, then spent a small fortune buying more souvenirs for others than for ourselves, then got back on the ship.  Enjoy the Bermuda pics!

 feels good to be on dry land again

taxis lined up to take us somewhere - next time we're taking one to a beach

 pretty!  Too bad it wasn't sunny







 love the hibiscus flowers - there were bushes everywhere

 These were so cool - like something out of Alice and Wonderland.  They look kind of like giant pineapples that fell to the ground, but they're gigantic - like 6 ft tall.  Cool, huh?

 Pretty Bermuda.  That building on the left is the glass blowing factory - you can watch them blowing glass there.  Normally I buy my mom something there, but the jewelry quantity and quality has gone down and the prices have gone up.  I guess I'll wait until we stop somewhere else!

Here we are in Bermuda!  I'll post the Bermuda pics over the years below.

Ready to get back onboard.  We're at day #3 and I officially have my sea legs.  Goodbye motion sickness medicine.  :-)

When we got back onboard, it was time for a shower (the clouds may have helped with the sun beating down on us, but it was SO humid.  I was sweating profusely and sunscreen was stinging my eyes.  After lunch, wanna guess what we did after?  That's right!  Bridge!!  We sat in our favorite card room and played bridge as we watched the ship pull away from the island.  But before that, we snuck in a game of miniature golf on the ship.  I was really surprised at how well I did!  My dad is an awesome golfer, so the whole time I was thinking how I would have made him proud.  :-)  Par 3 and I consistently made 2 - how's that?



Then we explored the ship a bit more, and played some more bridge!  Then we enjoyed dinner in the beautiful dining room, and the show at 9:00.  The entertainment was an impressionist/comedian.  He was really, really good!  I couldn't believe his talent!!  We were cracking up the whole hour.  Then, you guessed it, we played more bridge!

What a great day 3, Bermuda is lovely, and we're enjoying the first sights of that turquoise water.

Here are the pictures of us in Bermuda over the last few years:

 Michael and I, 2010

 Kara, Michael, and I, 2011

Michael and I, 2012

You see, Bermuda is the perfect place to stop on your way down to the Caribbean when you leave from NY or Baltimore, so we've stopped there three times!  Time to start flying to Florida and leaving from there so we can see different parts of the Caribbean.  ;-)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Do you ever snorkel?
jessicaday said…
We have snorkeled on every cruise we could, but this time Michael said he didn't want to! He's crazy. (Don't worry, I plan to use this as an excuse to go back to the Caribbean again.) ;-) But we did jet ski, so that was even cooler. :-)