Goodbye 20s

Today is the last day of my 20s, and I'm really excited. Ten years ago I was in college full time and working part time. My job was paying for school and every day was spent working, going to school, and doing homework. Fun was pretty much no where on the radar. My parents told me over and over if I just sacrificed 4 years for college, I'd be so glad the rest of my life, and boy were they right! I soon met a wonderful man at church who I married. We spent 4 years paying off bills and buying a nice home before we welcomed our baby girl into this world. I quit work and became a full time mom, which was tough in the beginning, but SO rewarding. Our lives are nothing but fun now. Kara and I spend our days at amusement parks, friends' houses, swimming, etc. and our evenings hanging out with Michael. Life is good.

I remember 10 years ago feeling very lost and confused all the time, like I was constantly trying to catch up with something, but wasn't coming even close. After I found the Lord, He helped show me the way. My 20s were all about finding my way, learning what it is to be a wife and mother, and figuring out who I am (not who I think I should be or who someone else wants me to be). I am confident in who I am, what I look like, my strengths and weaknesses, and (most importantly) with my relationship with God. He is the center of my universe - I look to Him constantly to find my way, and I love him for it. He's given me 29 good years, and I know He'll continue to bless me.

So, goodbye 20s. I can't wait to meet my 30s tomorrow. :-)

Comments

Kattrina said…
You are going to love your thirties - as a veteren 30 year old, it's great! I hope you have a fabulous birthday with lots of wishes and dreams. Enjoy the day!!
Anonymous said…
So....how does it feel to be 30 now??? I loved your post. That is some awesome insight.