Family Day

Michael didn't go to work today, so we had a family day. First we went to the mall so Kara could play on the indoor playground there while I picked up my engagement ring that needed to be fixed. Then we bought Kara a new pair of gold flip-flops. They look so cute on her little brown feet! :-)

After that we went to ride go karts - something I somehow managed to not have done until now. It was actually pretty fun. Kara rode a few laps with Michael, then a few with me. She said, "Daddy drives fast, but you only drive medium." Lol. She won't be able to drive herself until she's 8, so it's a good thing she likes riding so much.

Then we headed to lunch at Arbys - yum! Then to the library to return books and get new ones, plus a few videos for Kara.

Whew, what a good morning! Michael headed out for the weekend when Kara went down for a nap at 1:30. After she woke up at 4, we went to dinner with my parents and now I'm in pjs. :-) Tomorrow will be all-pjs, all-day! We're going to read books and watch videos and hang out inside the cool A/C. We are going to be doing SO MANY fun things next week, we need to just chill and do chores this weekend. I'm looking forward to savoring my sweet baby girl while Michael recharges his batteries with "the guys". Pretty soon, we'll be sailing away!!!

Happy Friday everyone!

Comments

Vicky said…
I always loved the family times we spent together when the kids were little. Our favorite thing to do was go to one of the Ohio State parks! The kids loved feeding the ducks and playing on the playground.