This morning I got up early to go to the MVA to renew my license. I got there right when it opened and still waited over an hour, but Kara was awesome, so it was fine. We drew each other pictures and played with her little car. Now I don't have to think about it again for five more years! :-)

After that I went to my sister's house. She isn't doing too well - her ankle isn't "healing" as well as they planned for it to when she had surgery last time (two years ago, I think). So, I made her and Tony their favorite meal and put it in the fridge so they would have a nice dinner tonight - one she doesn't have to make or clean up. Then she headed out to a job interview. Sa-weet!!

Now Kara and I are home watching SpongeBob until 3, when we're going to my friend's house, then out to dinner with them. Michael may or may not come with us. He is pretty stressed with work (even though he won't admit it - like it's admitting weakness or something), so I'm trying to give him several evenings in a row with a quiet house. Last night she and I went for a walk with my friends, but tonight I'll be putting her in bed before I walk (since she's skipping a nap today). Still a quiet house. :-)

At least the cruise is coming soon - that is a time when Michael really, really unwinds and relaxes. Me too, actually. It's a good 10 days long, which I am excited about. I just start to really settle down by day 4 or 5, so our last cruise of a week was a bit short to me. Lol! Wow, I sound like a lazy butt! You know I go, go, go all day long, so vacation is laying around and being pampered.

Well, I ought to get some laundry started, then I'm going to start reading a new book - Pride and Prejudice. I adore that story. I just finished my library book, so I'm excited to dive right into another one. I'm looking forward to entering Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet's world this afternoon. :-)

Comments

Anonymous said…
You're an awesome sister! Wow, ten day cruise!
Vicky said…
Hope the interview went well for Christina! Michael's new job is stressful? I don't recall ever hearing that any of his jobs are stressful!