Mom


I wonder if men worry about being good dads as much as women worry about being good moms. I often wonder if I'm spending enough time playing with Kara, or giving her enough time to learn to play on her own. I wonder if I'm feeding her enough protein and vegetables, or if I'm a mean mom because I don't let her have many sweets. The list goes on and on. I pray about her all the time and try my best - that's all I can do. This is what I think are the basics:
* I love her so, so much and always tell her
* I always have lots of hugs and kisses
* I discipline her strictly, but always with love
* I teach her everything I can think of and talk to her about the Lord
* I read her books and play with her
I think every mom does things a little bit differently, but if they follow those basic principles, they're doing a good job. :-) Praise God for children and entrusting us with their lives.

Comments

Elisabeth said…
I don't think dads worry as much about if they are doing a good job at being dads.
Doug said…
Speaking as your dad...I don't worry...but I am always concerned that I am giving sound advice and hoping I am doing everything I can to be a good dad...even though you are now a grown woman!! :-)
Vicky said…
For the most part, since worry is an emotion, we women are the ones who generally are the worriers. We worry about the "what if's" when we don't need to! I think you said it correctly when you said take care of the basics and that's all you can do, except to leave it in God's hands! It is quite obvious from the happy child that Kara is that you and Michael are great parents!