TGIFriday

Thank Goodness It's Friday. My days are all pretty much the same, but Fridays are still special. You can feel it in the air. Weekend is coming, people are getting ready for fun and relaxation. This morning I watched my friend's little boy while she went to the obstetrician. She is 15 weeks pregnant and needed a check up - the baby is doing very well and she is in the small group of women who can actually feel her baby move early - she felt it at 12 weeks! Anyway, her little boy is two years younger than Kara and an absolute sweetheart. He is very well behaved and we had such a great morning with him. After watching Cars and doing laundry, we went for a walk and played on the playground. Kara walked ahead of us and we "followed the leader" with Gabe in a stroller. When we got back, my friend was back from her appointment and we all had lunch together.

Then my mom came over to talk about plans for next week and visit with me - we haven't seen her much lately - life is so busy for no good reason. Now I'm trying to get Kara to nap next to me. We tried her bed and she just couldn't fall asleep. I have no problem playing on my computer for a while and letting her sleep next to me. We'll see if this works! We're going out to dinner tonight, so I wanted a freshly napped girl to go with us, rather than a cranky, grouchy girl. We shall see! I put her to bed at 1:00 and it's 2:45 - no luck so far. :-)

I'm heading to Christina's house tonight for a sister night - just her and I. It's going to be great. I have no idea what we'll be doing, but I was informed she just bought a new bag of my favorite cookies. Watch out! Lol.

I have a great weekend ahead of me - to include a birthday party where Elmo will be showing up. All my girlfriends from church will be there with their kids (we have quite a special group of ladies right now - about 10-12 of us and we're getting really close). It's going to be a great time - I'm really going for me, not Kara!!

I hope you all have a great weekend - I know we will!

Comments