Day 1, California Trip

You guys may think these are boring, but I'm trying to write it all down before I forget. So, this is the first day of the trip.

Our plane didn't leave until 5:30pm (it was either 5:30pm or 5:30am!) so I spent the day cleaning an already clean house so that Michael would be happy and comfortable left behind. All dishes and laundry was done, then I packed our carry on bags with way too much stuff & lots of food, then I packed our suitcases. I think I ended up taking a 20 minute nap. ALL THE WHILE Kara was bouncing off the walls and asking MILLIONS of questions. She was not being bad, and she was actually really sweet, but she drove......me......crazy.

We left the house around 3:30 and sped through the empty AirTran line only to be slowed way down at the security line. Kara wants to touch EVERYTHING. The floor, the wall, the ropes, other people, signs, trash cans, and the list goes on and on. And even though she's almost 4, I can't keep her dirty fingers out of her mouth. Fortunately, she didn't get sick on this trip, but my mom did. :-(



After dinner in the airport, we were finally on our first plane to Atlanta. After we landed in Atlanta (two hours later), we were disappointed to see the next flight was delayed two hours. Since we were going to land at 2am, landing at 4am didn't sound like fun. I tried for about an hour to get Kara to sleep in the Atlanta airport, but it was too loud and too bright, so she had fun playing with my game boy and going for walks with my mom and I to the bathroom. :-) FINALLY we got on the plane with a 5 1/2 hour flight ahead of us. By this time it was 11pm. Kara pretty much went right to sleep and my mom and I were uncomfortable for five........and a half.........hours. By the time we landed, got our luggage, and got a taxi, I was pleasantly surprised to realize the best part of arriving so late is NO traffic! Great!

We got to the hotel at 5am and collapsed in bed. We all fell right to sleep and got about 6 hours of hard, deep sleep. The hotel room was nice - a family suite with two double beds, a fold out couch for Kara, and a kitchen. Nice! The best part is, it was only a few blocks from everything - all the sites, all the great restaurants, and a grocery store!

Comments

Vicky said…
YUCK on the flight!
Elisabeth said…
I've been missing your blogs while you were gone! Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip.
jessicaday said…
Aw, thanks, Liz! Like I said, you'll hear SO much detail - this is a good way to remember what we did. I'm working on Day 2 right now.