Thursday, February 2

Wednesdays are pretty full, so it was nice to sleep in today.  I got a couple loads of laundry going and went to do school with Kara.  As we finish subjects, we do more lessons of the remaining subjects so we can wrap things up.  Today we did Bible, two math lessons, two grammar lessons, 3 reading lessons, Spanish, and cursive.  No science and history - those are done.  Grammar is the next subject to be finished - just a few more days.


We did school outside with the kitties.  Kara just scooped up Shiloh and squeezed her and hugged her like a teddy bear.  Shiloh meowed in protest, but is extremely submissive to Kara, so she stayed there.  Then she purred her head off.  lol.  She LOVES Kara.  Kara said her middle name should be Teddy since she's part teddy bear.

Meanwhile, later Kara used Shadow as a pillow and he was not amused.  He is submissive though too and didn't go anywhere.  He did not purr.

Not sure if you can see Shiloh sleeping
happily in the foreground.  Shadow's
eyes say, "help me."

After school I finished up that laundry and got to work on a project.  Michael wanted the big armoire in the guest room for his office, but it was full of homeschool supplies.  Once again, we just moved in and put stuff somewhere - I wanted to move all of that anyway, so this is working out perfectly.

Here it is all set up in the homeschool room closet.  Now I'm working on cute labels for the bins.  :-)




When we packed up to leave Maryland, I got rid of a ton of homeschool supplies through OCC boxes.  I donated a few other things, and brought the rest with me.  That was almost two years ago.  (We packed a lot of that stuff first.)  Now, we have outgrown several things, and will be able to pass on stuff like a little paper clock to learn how to tell time, construction paper (well, I saved a bit just in case), learn to write paper with dotted lines, glue sticks, colored popsicle sticks, table scatter, dominoes.  We used all of that stuff in the fun, colorful early days.  But none of that has been used in years, so it's time to give it to Jessica for her kindergartener.  I miss those fun days!



I also found this fun book I forgot I bought in the dollar section at Target.  Hmmm, I just might use this for seventh grade.


Next I get to think about how to rearrange the guest room a bit with that furniture out of there.  Why is this so much fun??

Comments