On-The-Fly 2-1-17

I turned in a prescription to be filled at CVS.  I decided while I was waiting to do a little impromptu coupon shopping.  The thing is, I had no coupons with me.  Nor had I prepared any of the sales ahead of time.  So, I scanned my card at the CVS coupon kiosk to see what CVS coupons they gave me.  (I probably would have saved $5-$7 more if I brought all kinds of manufacturer's coupons with me, but what are you going to do.)

I got:
 * a $3 off $8 shampoo coupon - any brand
 * a $3 off $10 soap coupon - bar soap, shower gel, or hand sanitizer
 * a $1 off any toothpaste
 * a $2.50 off a 4oz Colgate Max toothpaste
 * a $3 off $20 Prevacid coupon

Other coupons either didn't save enough or wasn't things I use.

So, I went to each aisle and saw what kind of deals I could get!

Shampoo - big bottles of suave were originally $3.39
on sale for $3 each
plus if you bought $15 worth, you got $5 back
plus the $3 off $8 shampoo coupon
So, I bought 5 big bottles (which Kara and I would use).
Sale price - $15 total
Minus $5 deal - $10 total
Minus $3 coupon - $7 total
5 shampoos/conditioners for $7 = $1.40 each
Better than Walmart!  Way better!

Soap - Dial bar soap (which Kara and Michael use) are 3.19 for a 3pk
plus $3 off $10 soap coupon
3 3pks = $9.57
I just needed $0.43 more.
Lavender bar soap was on clearance 75% off for $0.41.  So I got two of those.
3 3pks + 2 clearance lavender bars = $10.39
Minus $3 coupon = $7.39
11 bars for $7.39 = $0.67 per bar
Hmmm, may not have been better than Walmart.  I have to look into that.

Any toothpaste - I found some toothpaste on clearance for $1.89 (originally $5+!)
So, $1 off, made it only $0.89

Colgate Max toothpaste - originally $3.79
on sale for $3
Minus $2.50 coupons
$0.50 for a 4oz tube of fancy toothpaste.  Not bad!

Prevacid - $28.99 (a little more at this store than Walmart)
$3 off coupon
plus buy one, get one 50% off deal
Todays was $25.99
the next one will be $14.50
which makes them average to $20.25
Pretty good!

So, with tax, all of that costs $76.48.
I spent $46.21
I saved $30.27, or 40%

That was fun!  It makes me want to get back into it!

Comments

Vicky said…
Good deal, Lucille! :D
Vicky said…
Dad used to say that all of the time!
jeday0323 said…
I love all the sayings you always have - I can tell they come from your dad, but I'll always think of you when I hear them. <3
Vicky said…
I sure wish you could have gotten to know him! He was such a great man!