The New Desks

After church today, Kara and I burned the cardboard boxes all the IKEA stuff came in.



It's 70 degrees here and humid, so I am sweaty in jeans, flip flops, and a short sleeved shirt.  The fire just added to that.  My poor kitties have long haired winter coats.  Here is Shadow with his paws on the concrete looking to cool off a little.  (Thank goodness for that one white whisker - it's the quickest way for me to tell them apart.)


After that, Kara and I put together our desks with all I built/assembled yesterday.

We kept those large plain papers that were
used for packing for Kara to draw on.

Kara said she is in artist heaven.

Here's our new setup.  Our seventh grade books and our
supplies are set up.  We may change things as we go, but
I feel super organized and set up for success!

While Kara drew, we set up my computer in the middle of us and watched Netflix.  (Love this data!)  We watched Zootopia and Finding Dory.  Both great movies!  (Baby Dory is so cute.)  I worked on lesson plans and Bible study.

Kara went to play outside for a few minutes
and left her desk looking like this.
Artist at work.  :-)

Time to get some dinner together!  I think we need to eat dinner at our new desks while we watch another movie - Home.  <3

Comments