Some Stuff

I haven't posted since Thursday?  I guess I don't really have anything interesting to write.  You be the judge.

Friday:  PE class in the morning.  Chick Fil A on the way home and met our friends for lunch and play date.  We haven't seen them since before Christmas, so it's been about a month.  We really missed each other!  Now that the trips are done, I told her I need her to show me all the cool stuff around here that I have no idea about.  While she was here, it changed over from rain (we got several more inches in the last few days - talk about a rainy season!) to snow.  It only left a dusting, but everyone here was FREAKING OUT.  I'm not sure the roads ever did get slick.  But, the whole state just about shut down.  Our friends left around dinner time and made it home safely - they live in town.

Saturday:  I woke up to this pretty sight:


I wanted to sleep in and relax and not do anything.  So I did!  After a while, I felt lazy, so I did three loads of laundry and saw bananas going bad on the counter next to 10 lbs of potatoes that were going bad.  They weren't bad yet, so I saved them!

Banana bread for the contractors, blueberries were on sale, so blueberry muffins for the contractors too.


Plus I mashed those potatoes for the
freezer.  Michael's favorite!


After that, I enjoyed relaxing for quite a bit.  :-)  Then our friends asked to play bridge Saturday instead of Sunday because of the championship football games Sunday.  That was fun, as usual.

Sunday:  up early for Sunday school and church.  We are starting a new class with a new teacher - the study is called Counter Culture - we will read and see what the Bible says about things that are going on in our culture now.  It will be good!

Then we went to lunch with some friends and Michael and I stopped by the house to see the progress.  We came home and Kara and I transplanted her tomato plants.

Before, in a little starter container:


After, in 4 big planters:


Can you see the plants better from this
angle?  Poor little plants.
I am the plant killer.  Not sure if those babies will come back from this or not.  Fortunately I have approximately 17,000 seeds, so we're covered if we need to start again.

Lastly, my grandpa Brackett in Florida has been very sick.  He and his wife Rusty are the reason my parents ended up in the neighborhood they live in.  I'm sad to report, he passed away today.  They spent the first week or two of retirement in and out of the hospital with him, and now he's gone.  What terrible timing.  But, God knows best.

And on that note, this is why I haven't posted.  Nothing much to say.  'Cept some bad stuff.

Comments

Vicky said…
Yeah, our governor declared a state of emergency even before anything happened! :D I think NC practically shut down, too! :D

Are you and Michael in Sunday school together, or are you in separate classes?

Sorry to hear about your grandpa passing away! Prayers for you and your family in this loss!
jeday0323 said…
Michael and I are in the same class. It's with the same people we were with last semester (our church is on a semester schedule), but the teacher changed and we have a new book. Should be good!

Thank you. Do you remember the story of who he is and why we call him Grandpa? My dad left his house at 18 and went to live with his best friend. He ended up staying for 3 years, all the while seeing how healthy families live and he took that with him his whole life. It 100% affected how he parented. While his best friend passed away in his 20s, we always stayed close to his family and called them Grandma and Grandpa. Grandma Brackett passed away years ago and Grandpa remarried. Now Grandpa is gone and we have Rusty, the woman he remarried, still in our lives.
Vicky said…
No, I don't remember hearing that story! More providential leading from God! I love hearing stories like this! :D