Sweet Home - Day 3

This day we met our realtors at 9:30 (even though they were late) to see a few more properties.




While they were lovely, they didn't compare to what we saw the day before AT ALL.  So, we went back to the number one choice 9 acres and asked the owner/realtor to meet us there to explain more clearly where exactly the property is.  9 acres is more than I've ever seen and it's hard for me to visualize.

So, this guy pulls up who personifies the word "cowboy."  He has a thick, charming accent and apologizes for not being able to meet sooner because he was out huntin' that morning.  Then he pulls down the tail gate and we look at property borders, topography plans, the works.

I love everything about using the bed of a truck as a meeting table.

Michael is looking at all the boy stuff while I'm taking a second look at the view.





Apparently you bush-hog (I've never heard the words bush-hog and I have no idea what that is - don't worry they explained it to me) all those tall weeds/grass once or twice a year to keep it shorter.  They let it go for about 3 years, so it looks yucky now.  But, the view.  Wow.  Apparently, right THERE on the lake is where they bring out a big barge on the 4th of July and they launch the fireworks right there.  We could be watching the fireworks from our front porch one day!

After the owner/realtor unloads his mule (I'm learning so much - a mule is like a cross between a 4 wheeler and a golf cart), we all climb in and check out the property, which goes much further into the woods than I thought.  We actually could own a TON of woods.  Hmmm.  I'm falling in love already.




Then God does his thing.  The realtor/owner says, "it's not on the market yet, but we want to sell that wooded property behind that too."  It turns out it's TEN MORE ACRES and absolutely gorgeous.  AND, they are selling it for dirt cheap.

Bingo.  19 acres?  Yes please!  AND we could always build a house for my sister on the property, should they decide to ever move down to Alabama with us.  (Please, God, work on their hearts.  I want this!  If it's Your will, of course!)

On our way back through the 10 acres, back to the view of the front 9, I am moved.  Big time.  I'm on the verge of tears, I KNOW this is it, and there will never be anything more perfect than this.  I am asking Michael if we can make an offer NOW.  Not to mention this property is in the lovely lake town with bridges and causeways and parks on the water.  This.  Is.  It.

We spent the next few hours getting in touch with the mortgage lender so we can be pre-approved and get our offer together.

One more thing to think about is seeing if my parents will pay for the inexpensive back 10 acres.  We don't necessarily need it, but to have a family estate would be so nice.  After talking with them, they agree, which makes me so happy because I did really want it.

While we wait for all the paperwork stuff, we met up with my friend Merideth, who drove up from the Montgomery area to see us.  (It's about 3 hours away.)  We met for dinner and hung out with them the rest of the evening.

Comments

Elisabeth said…
It is so funny to hear you using all these country words! I can't imagine you anywhere but the city. But it sounds like you already know what it is about the country that we love. Now you are probably going to be more country than us!