Signing Off

Well, people, we're getting close.  Really close.  I'm trying to stay more vague on Facebook about leaving and the exact dates than I am here on my blog, but honestly we'll have everything that's of worth at all with us, so if someone feels the need to rob my house, all they'll get are homeschool books.  That's all I'd miss.  Actually, if a thief can get our tv off of the brick fireplace wall, they're welcome to it!  There's no way anyone can get that thing down.  lol!  (Seriously, I plan to leave it here when we move.  It's not that big anyway.)

While we are finishing all errands, chores, laundry, packing, I will leave you with one nice thought.  When Michael and I were dating, he was SO romantic.  Flowers, poems, love letters, gifts, the works.  After we got married.....*crickets chirping*.....not so much.  When I was younger and less mature, all I could see was the absence of those things.  Now, I understand romance is redefined as you get older.  I can see that every time Michael thinks of me and puts me first, that's equal to a bouquet of flowers back in the day.  Every time I get in his truck and he has pre-heated/pre-cooled my seats, every time he saves the last cookie for me, every time we go to a restaurant and he orders himself a water because he knows I'll want it, every time he surprises me with panera bread bagels for breakfast and gives me the best ones, every time he accepts me just as I am - no desire to change me, no pressure to be something else.  It looks different than it used to, but it's deeper.  This is more meaningful.  Maybe I'm not the only one who needs this reminder.  :-)

Okay, I am signing off!  Pray for safe travels, low anxiety, and Kara's safety while she's home with my awesome parents!

Comments

Elisabeth said…
For some reason I thought Kara was going with you. Have a good trip and I can't wait to see pictures!
And if it makes you feel better, the only love letters I've ever gotten from Brad are the "I love you"'s that he writes in a card for whatever occasion. And I told Brad not to waste money on expensive flowers that are going to die in a few days. Those other things you mentioned of him saving the last cookie for you are way better! =)
jeday0323 said…
It doesn't make me feel better because you knew what you were getting when you got married. I thought I was marrying a love letter writing, flowers giving, love notes giving guy. Not so much. But, like I said, I'm finding the other stuff is better after all!! :-)