Tip Toes

As you saw on Facebook, Kara went with stuffed animals for her birthday money.  :-)  She LOVES Toothless and everything about How to Train Your Dragon.  We even saw the second one in the theaters the day it came out, and she hates going to the theater.  (She loved both movies and can't wait for the third in 2016!)


Today Kara and I went to an orthopedic doctor today for her tip toe walking.  It wasn't a big deal for so long, but now she can't stand flat anymore.  They prescribed us physical therapy (which is what I thought she'd need), so I'm glad we went.  Especially with one foot being worse than the other and her having poor balance.  He said it isn't extreme (we don't need to jump right to surgery), but definitely needs to be fixed.  We'll try physical therapy first.  If that doesn't work, we'll do a cast for a week.  If that doesn't work, we'll do another cast for a week.  If that doesn't work, then surgery.  I will be pushing HARD against surgery.  Which is why we went now, before it got too bad.

After that was more errands!  One of which was Walmart (which I loathe), but we hit the toy aisle so Kara could spend her birthday money.  She turned her nose up at every aisle that had anything pink in it and hit the boy aisles.  Then she found the How to Train Your Dragon stuff and felt like she hit the jackpot.  Grandma Day gave her enough money to buy both of these guys and she was so glad she didn't have to chose between them.  :-)

Then we did the bank, the library, Bed Bath & Beyond, and lunch at McDonalds.

We came home and chilled for the most part, but I've been loading all my movies and music on my new tablet for our trip.  We won't have access to the internet, so I won't have any of my music on my cloud OR netflix.  Will I survive the plane ride without those - or the few days in London?  I know I'll be fine on the ship without them.  Well, I'm loading up my tablet so I can be entertained.  And I got a book for myself from the library.  The flight is 7 and a half hours there and 8 hours and 15 minutes home, so I need entertainment, man.  I also have a bunch of lightweight catalogs that have come in the mail recently that I saved to flip through on the way there, then toss when the carry on gets too full.

It's getting close and I'm so excited!

Comments

Elisabeth said…
OK, I'm kinda confused about the tip toe thing. Is there something wrong with her feet now that she has spent the past 7 years walking on tip toe that needs fixed or would surgery be done to keep her from walking on her tip toes?
jeday0323 said…
Nothing is wrong with her feet, its the muscles in her calves. They have been fine this whole time, but with a recent growth spurt, (bones grow first, then muscles), she needs to stretch the muscles. The casts would stretch the muscles all week if the physical therapy won't do it. I am going to try my best to make sure she won't need surgery.