Boring

I haven't posted on here in a while because things have been pretty boring.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE boring!!

Kara and I are still doing school.  Every day until about noon, depending on when we start.  Today we were up by 7am, ready for school by 8:30, so we were done by 10:30.  Anyway, here's what we've been up to.

Friday morning for school, we learned about our bones in health class.  Kara LOVED bones, so we kept going and going.  Then we did a 4 ft puzzle I have of the skeleton.  She was in heaven.  Then we did a few geography worksheets.  (Friday is our miss-mash day - we do a few random little subjects.) Later that afternoon, Kara had a headache, so she called me up from the movie I was watching with Michael to sit with her.  I gave her medicine and encouraged her to nap.  I also made a doctor's appointment - her headaches are weekly at this point.  :-(  While she slept, I did lesson plans.  I like to prep for the next week on Friday afternoon/evenings so the weekend isn't super full of work.

Saturday was my birthday and I hung out with my best friend for the day.  All kids stayed home with the dads and we spent the afternoon together.  When your friends have toddlers, you never have their undivided attention because toddlers interrupt A LOT.  Leaving the kids at home and having uninterrupted conversation was bliss.  Michael had a fishing tournament that day, so Kara actually went to my parents' house.  Michael came in second place (way to go, Babe!), so he was in a great mood and wanted to take me to dinner.  I would have LOVED that, but since I was still so full from lunch, I opted for another movie at home together instead.  He stayed up late so we could watch a whole movie together.  These are the things that make my life extraordinary these days, people!  I never see him because he has been putting in so many hours at work, so staying up late (8pm) so we can watch a movie was awesome!

Sunday we went to church, I had a meeting at church (which I am kicking myself for attending - I missed precious time with Michael - I should have skipped it), we grabbed a quick sandwich, then headed out to play bridge until his bed time.  That night I started laundry, but I was too far behind, so I didn't finish.

Monday was count the tithe at church and take Kara to the doctor for her headaches.  Kara's doctor saw fluid behind one of her ears, which looked like there is some sort of drainage, allergy thing going on, which could be causing the headaches.  I already know extreme heat is a trigger for her migraines.  So is a huge change in pressure - the other day the temp dropped 20-30 degrees and it was rainy - she had a migraine.  Poor girl.  I think she's sensitive to caffeine too - Michael is the same way, so we may look further into that.  (She had sweet tea from chick fil a Thursday, then had a headache Friday.  The only headache medicine that works for Michael is excedrin, which has caffeine in it.)  Anyway, the doctor said we need to do a cat scan of her head and see a neurologist, just in case. If there was something big and bad going on, there would be other symptoms, but we just want to be sure.  While we were at the doctor, I asked about her walking on her tip toes - it's getting worse as she's growing and she can't stand flat footed at all now.  I'm sure we'll just do some physical therapy and she'll be fine, but we're going to meet with a pediatric orthopedic doctor who specializes in toe walking.  In the mean time, she is to take Claritin every night before bed, which should help with allergies, which should stop most headaches.  It's a short term solution to see if this is what's causing them.

Tuesday we swam with friends after school.  It was very hot, so hanging out in the pool was so nice.  The kids all played well together and my friend is super chill, so it was relaxing to be with her.  I also did approximately 143 loads of laundry.  Well, maybe it felt that way and was more like 3 loads.  But, I just did 4 loads the other day.  What is going on?  We are only a family of 3!

Wednesday is today.  We were up early, finished our school early, so we hung out until it was time for Kara's cat scan.  She did really well.  I explained to her that it was going to be like getting an x-ray at the dentist and I would stay with her.  She is super obedient, so she was fine.  She went skipping out of there with so much relief that I think she was a little nervous.  (Meanwhile, there was a soap opera on the tv in the waiting room.  I stopped watching it 20 years ago and no one had aged at all!  What's up with that?)  Ever since we got home I have been cleaning out the filing cabinet, doing dishes, normal home stuff.

Monday evening, Tuesday evening, and today we haven't had much to do and sitting around the house has been awesome!  Not to mention good family time.  (Of course, I'm a mom, so I don't do as much sitting, but I do get some in!)

Let's see, what else....  Kara and I were reading Anne of Green Gables together.  We finished it and started the Little House series.  We are halfway into the second book and are really liking it.  It's much easier to read than Anne of Green Gables was, and we miss our dear Anne, but we like this series so far too.  We'll read more Anne later when Kara gets older.  By the end, Anne was so much older and Kara started losing interest.

Tomorrow I have nothing planned and want to keep it that way.  I NEED more days like this.  I'd love to do more cleaning out of closets.  I know I'm a little behind, but I need to do some serious spring cleaning!

Well, this is my life.  Just thought I'd check in with ya.  :-)

Oh, and tonight is trash night.  Fascinating stuff people.  Have I mentioned I love boring?  :-)

Comments