Time Management

It's no secret that I have been struggling with time management.  Whether it's a new phase in my life that I need to learn how to deal with, whether it's the Lord stretching me and helping me grow, or whether it's satan attacking me, it's been a struggle.  Through prayer and guidance, I feel like things are getting better.

One of the things I'm focusing on are the pockets of time I have when Kara is at Awanas, pottery, horse lessons, P.E. class, etc.  They are all too far from home, so I am killing time near where she is so I can pick her up when the hour or so is up.  Up until now, it's been freezing cold and I have been inside warm stores shopping.  Usually it's for the groceries we need that week, plus whatever else I find at Target.  But, lately it's been warmer and I'm wondering what else I can do with that time.

I feel like I had a revelation (which could very well have been God speaking to me) to encourage me to do the things I really want to do but feel I don't have time:
  *  Read a book.
  *  Take my camera to the state park nearby to take pictures.
  *  Savor my Bible study.
  *  Knit.
All of these things I would love to do but deny myself because I feel like I don't have time.  What if I used that "Kara free" time to do something fun for me?  What if I got to work on a hobby for myself?

Today while Kara was at pottery, my mom came with me.  I feel like I never get to visit with my mom.  So, we sat and had an ice cream and talked.  It was blissful.  And I think it was a great use of our time.  Tomorrow is horse lessons, and I'll be bringing my camera to take pictures around the farm.

I encourage you (especially you moms of little ones) to seek out little pockets of time to work on your own hobbies.  It's so easy to lose ourselves in our kids lives.

Comments