Random thoughts strung together in one post

I did it!  I did a day of rest.  I could have been cleaning.  I could have been obsessing over the next week's lesson plans.  I could have run to the store for a few things we need.  I could have cooked.

I didn't do any of it.  After church, Kara went home with her grandparents and I went to lunch with Michael.  We talked about going to the movies, but it was so nice out, we decided to watch a movie at home so we could open the windows.  We're super outdoorsy.  Please try not to be jealous of our adventurous nature.  Speaking of adventurous, Michael was asleep by 6:30 and I was in bed by 8:45.  Yep, rest.  Rest was had.  And it was divine.

Side note, it may be all the quality time with Michael, but I heard Paramore's song, "Still Into You" the other day and want to dedicate it to him.  The chorus goes like this:
I should be over all the butterflies
But I'm into you (I'm into you)
And baby even on our worst nights
I'm into you (I'm into you)

It's a good song.  I'm not sure if dedicating works if he never reads my blog, OR if he never hears the song.  But, you and I will know it's for him, right?

Well, it's Monday night, I worked all day at the church, my house is filthy (cleaning lady is out of town for weeks due to a sudden death in the family and I really, really don't want to do it), I need to make dinner, and then I'm heading back to church for a women's retreat planning meeting.  I'm hoping for a slower day tomorrow.  And then, before I know it, it will be vacation season.  The first one on the calendar:  California, Oregon, and Washington with my mom, sister, and Kara.

Happy new week!

Comments