Sick, for the first time in a long time

We're having a good week so far.  Kara has a nasty cold and has been in and out of it for the last few days.  If I give her a good meal, some meds, and fresh air, she feels pretty good:













But when we came home, she was wiped out, spiked a fever, and ended up feeling pretty rotten.  So, we took it easy and rested.  My ears have been hurting for days now and my throat just started.  And I'm tired and achy.  I will probably get her cold, so I'm grateful I have a fairly clear calendar.  Except for a field trip on Friday, which I plan to take plenty of cold meds to get through and enjoy anyway.  :-)

This winter was so cold that all the germs were killed.  Actually, we weren't sick once.  All winter.  But, now it's warmer, pollen is out, and we're all dealing.  BUT, the grass is green again, the daffodils are blooming, the birds are chirping, my tree has pink buds, and I can see sprouts where my tulips are coming.  AND my gas & electric bill was super low.

You take the good with the bad, right?

Comments

Kattrina said…
We weren't sick all winter either - it was glorious! And I'm so excited about nice weather - I LOVE spring/summer/fall. We should make plans to meet up - I am taking a staycation the week of the 21st because I have no daycare so I will be home all week. Maybe we can meet at a playground or something. What do you think? I think we should become better in-person friends again - if you are up for it!
jeday0323 said…
That sounds great! Meeting at a playground would be awesome. :-)
Elisabeth said…
Kara has anaturally beautiful smile!
I think we were all sick once. And this week half of us have something going on. Which is weird BC this is usually our healthy time. I thought it was allergies but when Ryan needed his inhaler for a couple days I knew it was a virus since that's what irritates his lungs. Abby has been hoarse today and I woke up with a sore throat.