Thanksgiving Day

Well, all my prep work yesterday had me just making the turkey and gravy today.  Everything else was in casserole dishes, baking sheets, or delegated to family members.  This morning was so relaxing and the day went so well.

The turkey was only in the oven 1 hour and it was already starting to get brown and gorgeous.  Time for the first basting!

 Table setting

I used cloth napkins with gold/orange swirly, glittery ribbon mixed with the-same-purple-as-my-walls ribbon.

 Christina had the least side dishes to bring since she works full time, so she was my helper in the kitchen today.  And my brother thinks he's funny.  :-)

 Chistina and Tony  <3

 Such a lovely couple.  Lol!!

 Relaxing with appetizers and football while the turkey does it's thing in the oven

Again, Tony thinks he's funny

 Is she the prettiest helper ever, or what?

 Look!  Another helper!  They don't even mind that I'm just taking pictures while they work away.  :-)



 Oh, it's gravy time!  Pour off liquids (since it's mostly fat) and you're left with a little bit of fat and some crunchy goodness.  Add flour and loads of chicken stock.  Add seasoning to taste (salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, and thyme).  Delicioso.

 Two ovens both hard at work!  Turkey is out and resting, gravy is being made, so there's room for 2 sheets of rolls from scratch, squash, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole.

 Next oven had two more loaves of bread and mashed potatoes.  (Don't mind the fact the steam fogged up the camera.)  :-)

 Dad is carving the turkey and Christina and Aunt Stephanie are finishing up stuffing and corn.  Again, I'm just taking pictures.  :-)

 I love this picture of Kara and Tony.  Kara LOVES cheeseball and came down every once in a while to get more.  Uncle Tony always sneaks in hugs when he can get them.  They have a special relationship.

 I cracked a joke and Tony and Aunt Stephanie are laughing the hardest

Here's another angle - I told Tony to stop making that stupid face!


Everything was fabulous.  Not that it mattered, I just loved having my favorite people over for the afternoon.  I wish we could do this once a month.  :-)

Comments