Catch up

I'm feeling short, sweet, and to the point today, so I'll catch ya'll up with what I've been up to in bullet points.  Sound good?  Mm-kay.

Let's see, I posted on November 11th, so let's go from November 12th.

Nov 12th:
  * I had to take Kara with me to my 'ladies' doctor's appointment.  That was interesting.  I was shocked it did not lead to "where do babies come from," but she was happy with "when you're a grown up you need to make sure every part of your body is healthy.  Like the dentist.  The dentist doesn't seem so bad now, does it."
  * I drove Michael's truck all day because I picked my parents and sister up from the airport.  They were on vacation in sunny Florida, hence my lack of sitters for the doctor's appointment.  Michael's truck is awesome.  I am not usually allowed to drive his truck because I break stuff.  Well, I break everything.  Not sure what's wrong with me, but you gotta love me anyway.
  * I took Kara to Awanas and went to Target across the street to kill time.  And my friend met me there.  Does it get any better?

Nov 13th:
  * I packed and did laundry for our fabulous trip to Alabama.  I wanted to visit my dear friend Merideth in October, but life was too full and busy driving me back to Xanax, that I had no time.  In a tearful conversation with her, she convinced me to come in November.  And so we did!
  * My day would be boring to most people, but packing, planning, and laundry, all in pjs with Kara around, all while watching movies and listening to music - that's the best day ever for this weirdo.

Nov 14th:
  * 9ish hours in the car to Knoxville, Tennessee.  Somehow I talked my mom into coming to Alabama with us to keep me company in the car and be my sitter for Kara when I wanted to play with Merideth by myself.  Um, yes, she's awesome, I know.  So we talked, laughed, yelled, sang, and had a grand old time in the car until we got to Knoxville, when we stayed in a hotel with a pool.  She took Kara to the pool and I stayed back in the room watching Family Guy and eating Reeses Pieces.
  * Did she say yelled?  Don't you yell with your best friend about stuff you're mad at?  Am I the only one?  I don't yell at the person I'm upset with, so I yell at my mom when I tell her about it.  Strangely, she still likes me.

Nov 15th:
  * 5ish hours in the car to Prattville, AL.  Alabama has nothing but super happy memories for me and I would move there in a heartbeat.  Huntsville is where we'd probably live because of the jobs for Michael, but the whole state is nothing but happy for me.
  * We checked into the hotel, went to dinner with Merideth and family, then sent the kids with their respective Grandmas so we could have a slumber party.  Merideth's husband, Seth, slept in their kid's bed so I could sleep with Merideth, slumber party style.  So sweet!

Nov 16th:
  * It's my anniversary.  11 years married to Michael.  Ooops, I'm not in Maryland celebrating with him.  Well, he is fantastic and 11 years later our texts are sweet enough we don't need to be in the same state.  Nevermind the fact that I never wanted to get married in November anyway.  Too many holidays and busyness.  I wanted to get married in October.  But, I didn't get my way, so we don't make a big deal about our wedding anniversary.  Instead, we make a big deal about our anniversary of our first date:  March 23rd, 2002.
  * Merideth, my mom, Kara, and I went shopping at Versona and Rooms To Go and had lunch at Chick-Fil-A.  Ohmiword, that's like 17 of my favorite things on the planet all in one day.  But wait!  There's more:
  * We got back to Merideth's house where I cooked for hours and hours (well, I think it was 3 hours) for them.  Football snacks, Sunday's lunch, etc.  My mom was there so she did my dishes, otherwise it would have been longer!  I learned people are very serious about their football.  I'm very happy for them, but do not understand.  I learned, well, I already knew this, they love my cooking and proceeded to praise me for it all night.  Ah, I needed that.

Nov 17th:
  * We went to Merideth's church, which I love, then lunch afterwards with some of their family.
  * Then we took the kids to the park because it was about 80 degrees, humidity and all.  I was hot, in my summer clothes.  Merideth was in a sweater.  She also weighs 95 pounds, so that helps her stay cool.
  * Then we had a movie night and got ready to hit the road in the morning.  I confess I wanted to just leave and start driving right that minute instead.  But, hotel reservations were in place, so I quieted my crazy brain and enjoyed where we were.

Nov 18th:
  * 9ish hours in the car to our hotel in Radford, VA.
  * Talked, sang, played with my mom in the car the whole way.  I will never, ever, ever get enough time with her and we will never, ever, ever run out of things to say.  She's my best friend.
  * Kara is the best traveler in the world - she puts her headphones on, plays on her computer, watches movies, eats and drinks all by herself.  All 9 hours we didn't hear from her.  See why I don't mind traveling?  Well, why I love it?

Nov 19th:
  * 5ish hours in the car home.
  * Home sweet home.  I missed Michael.  He got better looking while I was gone.  He's pretty awesome.
  * Why did we pack so much stuff?  Now I have to put it all away.

Nov 20th:
  * Boy I have a lot of unpacking and laundry to do.  4 loads total, cooked dinner from scratch, and cleaned.
  * In the meantime, I have been having my contractor install a chandelier in the formal living room, since it's bigger than our dining room and we never use it.  We're gonna swap those two rooms.  So, I went to the light store to pick out a new chandelier.  Do I pick the plain, simple, cheaper one, or the large, ornate, expensive one?  I think you know which one I chose.

Nov 21st:
  * That's today!
  * We are skipping our P.E. class.  We are slackers.  We also haven't done school in forever.  I'm calling it a semester break.  THIS is why we started back in June.
  * We are going to horse riding lessons at noon, then dropping our Operation Christmas Child boxes off at church.
  * When I get home, my new chandelier should be installed.  :-)
  * I need to think of something to make for dinner.  Something with beef - last night I made chicken and pasta.  My favorite, not Michael's.  He may whine about not liking my cooking, but his plate gets cleaned just about every single night.

And now you're caught up!

Comments