Loving it here in Amish country

I am in beautiful Lancaster, Pennsylvania this afternoon/evening.  First thing in the morning, Kara and I are going to a wolf sanctuary for an hour tour of 5 packs that are there.  It is going to be fabulous for my wolf obsessed little one.  THIS is why we homeschool - so we can do this whenever we want.  Since the tour was first thing in the morning and it is hours north of Baltimore, we are staying in a hotel overnight.  First thing I looked for - a Best Western.  I use my discover card points for Best Western gift cards and stay for free.  Next, I looked for one with a pool.  Kara and I are having a blast!!!!

If this trip was about me, we would have explored and spent hours taking photos of all the neat stuff here.  Beautiful farms, old buildings, and horses.  Loads of Amish and buggies, but I know they prefer not to be photographed.

This trip is about Kara, so we went straight to the pool!






Then she headed toward the hottub where she practiced her wolf skills:







Whoa!  I noticed the sunset.  How lovely.  Maybe it won't rain tomorrow, after all.



Back to the pool, then it's dinner time.


I sure would have loved to go to an amazing Amish restaurant, but I settled for the hotel's restaurant having Amish food.

I had corn fritters:


Which, apparently, you dip in warmed syrup.  Um, so good!!!


Then I had a chicken salad sandwich.  It was supposed to be a special Amish recipe, but it just tasted like an awesome chicken salad sandwich.  Who thought to put cheese, lettuce, tomato, and bacon on a chicken salad sandwich?


 I left crumbs too small for a mouse on my plate.  (Name that book/movie.)

 Tomorrow we meet the wolves and head home.  This day away from home has been supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.  (Name THAT movie.)  I miss Michael like crazy and the texts have been flowing, but getting away from everything else has been delicious.

Comments

Vicky said…
Looks and sounds like you had a great time!