What a wonderful Saturday

Today could not have been any better.  I slept in until 8:30, then took my time with my giant cup of coffee and my newspaper inserts and coupons.  Kara and I ate lunch and headed out to do some shopping.  It was a beautiful sunny day in the mid 50s, but felt much warmer - neither Kara nor I even wore jackets.

I got $96.56 worth of stuff for only $22.83 at CVS, which you can read all about on My Coupon Blog.  Then we went to Aldi and got Doritos, a gallon of milk, 2 loaves of bread, sour cream, oreos, 2 cans of oranges, macaroni & cheese, and 2 lbs of cuties oranges for only $16.97.  Wow!  Anywhere else I would have spent at least twice that.

After that we went to my sister's house and had a girl day.  Kara played with Jake and rode her scooter while my sister and I hung out.  We stayed for dinner and had a blast.

Then it was home early, pjs around 6:30, and time for cartoons.

Yep, it was a great day.

Comments

Elisabeth said…
I just told brad last night I needed to go back to aldi. But there are some things I just can't buy generic and then I end up spending more by the time I go to two places.