James

Whew!  I'm doing the Beth Moore study on James.  We're almost done going through the whole book and I have to say, James doesn't mind telling me like it is!  He says things like:
  *  Who are you to judge?
  *  Enjoy times of trouble.
  *  Turn your laughter to crying.
  *  You believe in God?  Good for you, so do demons.
  *  He says several times how awful rich people are.
  *  "Be quick to listen, slow to speak, slow to anger" - whoa that's hard!
  *  Don't just listen to the word, do what it says!
  *  Treat everyone the same.
  *  Faith and works go hand in hand
  *  "The tongue is the most evil part of the body. It pollutes the whole person. It sets a person's whole way of life on fire. And the tongue is set on fire by hell." - Wow that hard for a chatterer like me to hear!
  *  Don't be jealous.
  *  "Don't you know what Scripture says? The spirit that God caused to live in us wants us to belong only to God. Don't you think Scripture has a reason for saying that?"
  *  "As it is, you are proud. You brag about it. That kind of bragging is evil."

And we're not even done yet.  Part of me misses the beauty of the feel-good, spirit-satisfying Psalms, but part of me is grateful for the conviction!

Comments

Elisabeth said…
I love the one about even Demons believe in God. I'm going to post it on fb. =)