Good old ALDI


I got all of this at ALDI for $16.97.  That is so good.  I did my research and compared it to what I would have spent at Walmart - buying all items generic, just like ALDI - and came up with $21.29, plus tax if your state taxes food.  Most of these things either don't have coupons right now, so I couldn't have gotten them cheaper, or never have coupons (that I've seen anyway).  20% savings with zero coupons.  Awesome.

Next, I compared it to what I would have spent at Safeway - all generic - $29.23.  So, 16.97 at ALDI is 42% savings!  Woo hoo!

* Side note:  we have two breads because I asked Kara to carry the bread for me and she proceeded to hug and squeeze it - never dreaming that wasn't good for the bread.  I told her not to do that to bread because it ruins it, so we bought a second loaf and I told her she was going to eat sandwiches on the smooshed bread all week.

Comments

Vicky said…
"kids" bagging groceries don't understand the concept of smooshed bread, either, LOL!