Michael is home!

Michael is home from his business trip.  It was only a week, but it felt longer!  He worked more than 60 hours, so he didn't see any of England - literally.  It was dark when he went to work and dark when he came home - he didn't even see the famous rolling hills of the countryside with all the sheep everywhere.  This was his first trip overseas, and with no neat sites to see, working crazy hours, and jet lag, I'm not sure he was overly impressed.  He did say it would be neat to see some of the old castles that were there.  As I recall (we used to do that sort of thing as field trips when I lived there as a kid), they're really cool and I'd love to go back with him some day to see some castles too.  Not any time soon though - Michael is ready to stay in his own bed - and time zone! - for quite a while.  :-)

The trip home was one thing after another going wrong and Michael tells it in such a funny way, I don't want to ruin it.  I'm looking forward to seeing family this Christmas where they can all hear it.  At the grocery store today, I bought all the fixin's for dirt pudding.  Michael's family goes crazy for that, so they'll be glad to see me!

I just finished wrapping the last few presents I have.  Tomorrow I'm getting together with friends in the morning, going to a cookie party at night, and baking in between.  Now, what do I want to make??  Maureen's butterscotch/peanut butter clusters sure are good.  Now I have to find the recipe.....

Comments