Fun with coupons

I had such a fun day with coupons yesterday.  :-)  I started my day with a play date with my friends, which we decided a while ago isn't really for the kids - it's for us.  I had a TON of coupons that expired that day since it was the last day of the month, so I brought them and sorted through them while we were hanging out and laughing and talking.

Then I headed out to Target to use the best of the best of the coupons that were expiring.  I ended up getting $88 worth of stuff for $57.  Not fabulous, but still really good.  (Considering $13 of it was Christmas presents with no coupons, $10 of it was a bunch of packs of floss picks after coupons, and $15 of it was good nites diapers for Kara.)  I got cascade for $0.47, 4 free first aid kits, wheat bread for $1.39, coffee from the dollar section, and mascara for $2.48.  Some other good stuff like cold medicine and a few groceries pushed me up so high, but saving $30 feels good.

After that I was home just in time to get Kara off the bus, we did a bunch of homework, and I made some dinner.

Then I headed out to my first coupon class at my friend's house.  That turned into talking without the kids and eating yummy treats.  :-)  Then I was home in time for my normal bed time.

Like I said, what a fun day!

Comments